Thursday, June 27, 2013

Farewall to EDU 100

Education is something that should be provided to all students of all abilities and educators should try to be the best they can be. Teachers who are not motivated to teach their students should not be teaching. I have found through my experiences in schooling and through my observation hours that the teachers who love what they do make the biggest impact on the students.

When I was in elementary school I had several teachers who were not passionate about their job and they did not make education a fun learning experience. I was not passionate about my own education because I did not have teachers who were excited about teaching. It is important for students to be inspired by their teachers. Motivation is something that I believe cannot be taught but it can be learned through experiences. By this I mean that if teachers exemplify there own passion for education then the students will in turn become excited about learning. This is a skill that students will carry all through their education, through college.

Learning these skills at a young age is important for students because it is hard to learn later on in life. When I started high school I had little motivation to do well in school. It was until my 9th grade biology teacher took the time to work with me and showed me a passion for education. He loved to teach and loved to share his knowledge of biology with his students. This experience made a big impact on me and I began to find my own passion in school.

I have learned many things through the duration of this class. I found learning about the  different kinds of education around the world and how they are similar and different to the United States to be very interesting. Another thing I found to be interesting the different perspectives on inclusion classrooms. A final thing I learned through this course was the different perspectives of multicultural education and the importance of culture in education.

Through reading the other students in the classes blogs I have learned that a single idea can have so many different outlooks depending on the persons opinions on a particular subject. I found the blogs to be a great way to get a different perspective on certain subjects such as social justices and inclusion classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment